Storm Barn, Thundery Hill, Seale
Farnham, Surry GU10 1LB
Registered Charity No 1179931
Your Personal Data
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or which is likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Who are we?
Spearhead Ministries is the data controller. This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How we do process your personal data?
Spearhead Ministries complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To administer mailing records
- To manage employees and volunteers
- To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of Gift Aid applications)
- To inform you of news, events, activities and meetings organised by Spearhead Ministries
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and meetings and process your Gift Aid donations
- Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment and social security law.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared only with others for purposes connected with Spearhead Ministries. We would only share your data with third parties outside of Spearhead Ministries with your consent.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary. Specifically, we retain Gift Aid declarations and associated paperwork for up to 6 years after the financial year to which they relate.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Spearhead Ministries holds about you.
- The right to request that Spearhead Ministries corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Spearhead Ministries to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data (where applicable).
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Policy, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints, please in the first instance contact
Spearhead Ministries, Storm Barn, Thundery Hill, Seale, Farnham, Surry GU10 1LB
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.